Feb 16, 2012

When We Were Six



About to blow her birthday candles while having afternoon tea with her neighborhood fairy friends. My little girls says that's what fairies like to do. So that's how she wanted to celebrate turning another year older. 


Here's a poem by A.A. Milne dedicated to the our resident six year old.

When I was one I had just begun
When I was two I was nearly new

When I was three I was hardly me
When I was four I was not much more

When I was five I was just alive
But now I am six, I'm as clever as clever;

So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

She's so much fun to have around, I do wish she would be six forever. I know it's not going to happen, but mamas imagine things like that occasionally.


When girls that age live with you, you'll have fairy wings fluttering all over the place.


Then a certain big brother and his cohorts will attempt to attack the fairies fluttering around with those wings!


But they are no match. February Birthday Girl told the rest of her winged friends: "Those are just guns. We are fairies! We have fairy powers!" 


Kaaaboooom! The fairies prevail. Oh, to be six years old. These days are so precious. They are to be relished, my dearest little girl. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday P! I remember being 6 and I did want to be 6 forever.

Nona said...

Thanks, Rone! It's a great age... to be and to witness : )