Nov 11, 2009

Have Fun with Your ABCs!

Hey Nana, your adventure in France reminded me of this creation by Parisian graphic designer Marion Battaile. I'm guessing she is a genius who's also inspired by her gorgeous, picture-perfect native city...



This got me googling around for more creative ABCs. Lo and behold...


Origami Alphabet by Emma Downing.


Click on the pictures to enlarge. As Mies van de Rohe says, "God is in the details." Especially in this one...


Buildings and Sky Alphabet by Lisa Reinermann. I LOVE this!


Chicha is currently in this phase where she likes showing us that what-not looks like an L, this-and-that is a P, and she also likes to contort her body or fingers to make ABCDEFG, etc. There are too many examples so my epiduraled-brain can't even remember them! I think she'll really like this...


Found Alphabet by Jen Quinn


This one for block-loving, LEGO-fanatic, 3-D thinking Bear....


Cubic Alphabet by Svetoslav Simov.


So many more cool, creative ABCs at ReubenMiller and ShareSomeCandy.

2 comments:

Barni said...

Haven't visited you in so long. This reminds me of one-year-old Jack who loved to snack on pretzels and with every bite he'd say - Look, it's a P! or..a C! or...Look, nine! And it really would be those things. He'd bite into crackers and say, look a boat! So I'm glad I got that that book at the Scholastic Book fair. I guess I should give it to him already.

Nona said...

And I haven't blogged for so long. You know, deadlines looming here and there. : p

So Jack too huh.... Something they picked up in school? Or just innate geekness? haha!

Give it! And Lionni's Frederick too : )