Aug 23, 2009

5 Miles for Breakfast

Ate, no... lapped-up 5 miles for breakfast this morning at the Botak Paa-Ligsahan race held in UP. Pappy and I love hitting the University Circle for Sunday morning runs, but today was extra good for me. It was a race, but I put no pressure on myself. Just ran with it, if you will. I hit the road - with a smile - under the gorgeous acacia trees of my old alma matter. Smiled at the lovely white-haired couple holding hands during their morning walk. Smiled at the cute little girl on her pink bike. Smiled at the race marshalls near the finish cheering me go! go! go! Then my run was all done... in fairly decent time. Truly grateful for some great mommy-time this morning.

the shoes, post-race, removed with laces on

I'm also grateful to Pappy for filling up my ipod for the run. This is a big deal for me. Music fuels my runs. I am actually very proprietary about my running-playlists. No one else (besides me) can stick anything into my ipod except Pappy. That sounded weird.... But anyhoo.... Thanks Pappy for putting in The Clash, Kings of Leon, The Strokes, etc...

...and this old tune from Stars that made me think about Chicha. She loves this song. Gotta love that kid! We love Stars!


...and another oldie-but-goodie that made me think of you and Bear. My boys rock! The Beastie Boys put my legs on fire to speed up near the finish.... (PG Alert: video shows police foolishness/brutality, ok?)


As Bono sings it on this morning's playlist... It's a Beautiful Daaay!

11 comments:

miri said...

cute shoes ! nice playlist :-)

Nona said...

thanks miri : ) pink shoes = run with love... haha! as for the tunes, i can go spastic hearing bon jovi or something. pappy can put songs together for me anytime... can't imagine being married to someone who likes crap music....

Cely said...

Congratulations on your 5 miles, Nona! Great job! I really admire people who run races! I'd like to run one one day, but I'm sure I would be one of those people who drops dead halfway through, haha.
Oh and by the way, I like your shoes too! ;-)

Have a great week ahead girls, read you again soon! Mwah!

Nona said...

Thanks Cely! Enjoy Rome : )

Barni said...

You're busy! I admire a runner. Thanks for my music today.

Nona said...

You're welcome Barniboo. Beastie Boys video directed by my other would-be-husband Spike Jonze... his FIRST mtv video shot with 2 borrowed cameras and a whole lot of irony : )

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the race Nona! Great Mommy-time dear!

Nona said...

Thanks Mieke : ) Try it. Nice to run around Jersey!

gissy said...

great find! i love the sound of STARS :)

Nona said...

hi gissy! and chich loves them too... stars is like ethereal indie pop. they have lots of other good songs: 14 forever, your ex-lover is dead and a trippy remake of this charming man (the smiths), etc. etc...

Nona said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.