Dec 3, 2009

The Little Prince


Yes, there is a POP-UP version!

Antoine de Saint-Exupery had me enthralled from Chapter 1, and in tears at the end. As the heroic Mak-Tatos just showed Nana, we could all learn a lesson or two from children. Such as...



Boa constrictors eat things whole.



So this is not a hat.



It is a boa that just had an elephant for breakfast.


I hope Bear and Chicha will always feel free to talk about their "boa constrictors, primeval forests and stars"... with me and anyone else who cares to listen.

While the Fox did remind The Little Prince that, "what is essential is invisible to the naked eye"... here is something my naked eyes would really like to feast on, up close....





This would make a fine introduction to a great piece of literature for our own Little Ones! They can enjoy the pop-up feast-for-the-eyes now, and when they're older, they can revel in the book's imagery and veiled meanings, then tear up like the pathetic 8 or 9 year old that I was when I first read it. Sigh.

4 comments:

Nana said...

Very cool. Love that book too!

Cely said...

Fun! I was thinking about (re)reading this book lately. The Pop-up version looks great!

Unknown said...

Awesomeness!!! Is it available here?

Nona said...

Cool no? It really is a book meant to be read and re-read. Not yet available here though... Amazon : )